Last time we held this event, nearly 40 booths were registered! Friends and siblings paired up, but most businesses were run by individual children ages 5-16 years old. Business categories included clothing, handicraft, glassware, gadgets, toys, housewares, food, drinks, games, health & beauty, artwork, plants, books, jewelry, survival, and more! This year, we have 57 children planning to participate.
Just like last time:
- Booths will be secured as registrations are received. Preference will be given until February 22 to the children who participated in the Biz Kid$ Learning Event (held Feb. 19, 2016). After February 22, any home educated child who submits an accepted application will be awarded a booth until the booth space is filled.
- If children of different age groups prepare a booth together, they will be scored in the age group of the oldest participant.
- Children working as a group may submit one application with all children’s info. There is no limit on the number of children per booth, but each child still needs to pay a participation fee.
- Electricity is not generally provided. There are 3 tables that can be hooked up to power if necessary…please note this on your registration form. It will be awarded to the first 3 accepted applicants.
- Table linens are also not provided.
- Children will be scored on their business idea, their presentation of themselves and their product/service, and their business potential. Cash awards will be given based on those criteria.
- All entry fees and sponsorship monies go toward the event and back to the children. There is no profit being made by the organizers.